Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sydney Jones Styled Bridal




Oh my goodness I've been dying to edit and share this shoot.  Lately I've been really into bridals and building my wedding portfolio, but I wanted to do something different.  Something I haven't seen or done before.  I owed Sydney a photo shoot in exchange for her being my go to hair and makeup artist.  I've been wracking my brain for months going back and forth between a whimsical forest bridal session with rich greens and blush pink.  Not until I found this gorgeous black and beige bustier did I have a photo shoot epiphany!  I ran to hobby lobby and savers to grab props, fabric, paint, and whatever else inspired me.  I found some seriously GORGEOUS stuff.  Old gold oil lamps, a gorgeous set of golden champagne flutes, fabric, gold glitter, the works.  With the help of my oh so handy mom we threw the tulle skirt together which was absolutely gorgeous and just what I had envisioned.  Fast forward to the day of the shoot, Sydney shows up and there is a wind storm from hell going on outside.  I decided to do the shoot anyway even though the weather was crappy.  My hubs picked out the perfect flat spot and we loaded everything up and started our drive.  While we were driving the wind finally died down, but as soon as we got there holy crap did it come back with a vengeance.  I was stressed out to the max my perfect vision of this edgy styled bridal shoot was ruined.  The skirt was a mess there was dirt everywhere and I gave up hope.  (Not a proud moment in my photography career but hey I'm human)  My mom and best friend had the bright idea to embrace the mess and make Sydney the bad ass bride I knew she could be.  The end result was far better than I could have imagined and we had an absolute blast.  I'm obsessed with this shoot and so appreciative to everyone who helped out and made it possible!  I hope you love these images as much as I do because I just can't get over them and they're golden hour gorgeousness!  Sydney you did AMAZING and I wish I could shoot you everyday!



Floral: Alicia Brown from Green Apple Events
Makeup: Crystal Bell of Crystal Bell Makeup Artistry
Model: Sydney Jones
Assistants: Margie Forster and Sierra Stokes


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs